Golf is a great sport to play year-round, but when the weather gets cold, it’s important to dress appropriately to stay warm and comfortable. Here are a few tips for dressing for golf when it is cold outside:
Start with a base layer of long underwear or tights. This will help to wick away moisture and keep you warm. There is nothing worse than being cold during your golf round.
Add a layer of fleece or wool clothing over your base layer. This will provide additional insulation. Look for something that add warmth without bulk.
Wear a windproof jacket to protect you from the wind. This outer layer should be windproof and water resistant. It needs to be roomy but not so loose that it interferes with your swing.
Don’t forget to wear a hat and gloves to keep your head and hands warm. You may think these are too much but if your hands and head are warm you can focus better on your game. If you’re playing in very cold weather, you may also want to wear a scarf and earmuffs.
By following these tips, you can stay warm and comfortable while playing golf in cold weather.
Here are a few additional tips:
- Choose fabrics that will wick away moisture and keep you dry.
- Avoid cotton, as it will absorb moisture and make you feel cold.
- Layer your clothing so you can adjust your temperature as needed.
- Wear sunscreen even on cloudy days, as the sun’s rays can be reflected off the snow.
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
- Take breaks often to warm up.
With a little planning, you can enjoy a round of golf even in the coldest weather.
2 thoughts on “Dressing for Golf when it is Cold”
I’ve tried to play golf and it was horrible. I wish I could play because I love watching it.
I love to play but I am not very good at it. Thank you for your comment!